Intercity Auto Wrecking Co. was founded in 1916 in Cleveland, Ohio. The original location was East 37th and Cedar but was moved in the 1920’s to East 55th Street. This was a much larger location and located in the section of town known as “Auto Wrecker’s Row.” In 1946 a new partner joined Intercity and the business was moved to it’s present location in Walton Hills (Bedford), Ohio. The present owner took over the business from his parents in 1976 and has been in control since that time.
Intercity consists of five acres of land, one main building with offices, storage and a dismantling area. We also have an outdoor dismantling area and numerous outdoor storage facilities. At any given time we have 350 to 400 vehicles in stock, 97 percent of those being import models.
We switched to handling primarily foreign cars in 1978, which makes us a leader in the import used parts market in the Cleveland and northeast Ohio area.